Refunds & Transfers
- If conditions require changes to course, distances, or program, entry fees are unable to be credited to future events.
- If the event is cancelled, your entry will be transferred to the next event in the series.
- If you cannot attend the rescheduled event, your fee can be credited for any future Atlas Event within 12 months.
- Refunds will be available up to one month prior to the event date, less a $15 processing fee.
- Refunds are not available within one month of the event date.
- To request a refund, please email [email protected]
Changing your distance:
- Distance changes can be made online up until the Friday before race day.
- To change your distance click here and select 'change category'.
- Distance changes can also be made in person on race day.
Transferring your entry to another person:
- Transfers can be made online up until the Friday before race day.
- To transfer click here and select 'transfer registration'.
- Transfers can also be made in person on race day.
Transferring your entry to another swim event:
- Transfers to another swim are available up to one month out of the event date
- Transfers can only be made to another swim event in the same year, to the same distance or less
- To request an event transfer, please email [email protected]
Can I wear a wet suit?
For open water swimming competitions in water with temperature below 20C, swimmers may use either swimsuits or wetsuits. When the water temperature is below 18C, the use of wetsuits is compulsory.
If the water temperature is greater than 20C then you may wear a wetsuit but you will not be eligible to win prizes.
Can I wear/use any other swimming aid?
The use of any swim aids (flippers, pool buoys, paddles etc.) is strictly prohibited for the safety of all participants.
If you require the use of an aid due to disability or otherwise please contact us for assistance.
I am under 18 years old – is that ok?
There are minimum age restrictions on our events as detailed above. All competitors under the age of 18 must also have a parent or guardian present on event day.
Age* restrictions by distance:
*age is determined as of the event day
Are there wave starts?
Yes, we will be starting men and women separately and subject to numbers we may have age group waves but this will be announced at the race briefing on the day. You can find our full list of age categories here.
3km and 1.5km distances will also have separate open male and female category start waves.
Lost Timing Chips
Be sure to return your timing chip after you cross the finish line. There is a fee of $105 if your timing chip is not returned or is lost.
How can I join a team?
Team captains need to set up a team upon registration which will then qualify them, and anyone who then joins that team, to receive an automatic 10% off their initial registration fee, no link required.
How to register as a team:
- Start the registration process by selecting enter
- Select your swim distance
- Enter your email
- Select who you are registering and fill in all participant information
- Select 'Create a Team' and provide the required details (see step 6 for joining a team)
- Select 'Join a Team' and find your team name
- Add any additional purchases
- Agree to Terms and Conditions and write your Electronic Signature
- Review Cart and see your 10% team discount was applied
- Select your insurance option
- Check out
- See you at the start line!
If you are already registered, you can join or form teams in your event portal: myevents.active.com
What is the Ocean Swim Trifecta all about?
Swimmers who complete the 1.5km distance at Alex, Mooloolaba and Noosa will complete the Ocean Swim Trifecta, a fantastic achievement that comes with a certificate and serious bragging rights. Winners of the trifecta will share in a $2000 prize pool. See 'Prizes' for details.
Please note you must enter the Open Category in each of the 1.5km events at every swim to qualify for prizes.
Discounts for multiple distances
If you choose to swim multiple events back-to-back at the same event, we can offer 10% off your entries.
To request a multiple distance discount code, please email [email protected]
All competitors / patients evacuated from the event area are to be taken directly to the race headquarters at Mudjimba SLSC (unless specifically instructed otherwise by the ESD).
Event Medical staff will be on hand to assess the situation.
In case of a mass evacuation, a siren will be sounded for IRB drivers and paddlers to remove all swimmers from the water. In addition to the siren, radio will also be used.
The ED shall liaise with QPS, QAS and other emergency services.